First let me start with the announcement that this is my 200st post. There are almost 2 years since I’ve started this blog, when I moved from Romania to The Netherlands, when I was having in mind a blog about Romania, by time transformed in a traveling blog (we’ve visited 15 countries since we’ve moved in NL) and now it will grow into a journal type blog. Happy 200 to me!
To be disciplined it is tough job and it takes me a lot of energy to keep with my new daily schedule. Add to that no intuition when it comes to cooking and you have the perfect recipe for disastrous cooking. Anyway, in the end I’ve managed to cook the recipe below, which is considered a entry level one and took me around 1.5 hours instead of 0.5 hours as it should. The name says it all, we are going to cook chicken with zucchini in the oven.
What (for 2 persons)
- 200g chicken boneless thighs
- 400g zucchini
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 20g Kalamata olives
- 1 baking paper or aluminum paper
- Salt, paprika, pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180 Celsius
- Condiment the chicken with paprika, salt and pepper
- Cut the zucchini in circles
- In a tray, on the baking/aluminum paper make a bed with the zucchini circles
- Arrange the chicken on the zucchini bed and add the tomatoes and olives
- Bring together the margins of the baking/aluminum paper and make a sealed roll
- Leave it in the oven (at 180 grades) for 20 minutes
Because I had a mistake in step 6 (the roll was not sealed completely) I had to cook the food for almost 1 hour. I think it is easier to use the aluminum paper and simply roll the entire composition in it. But the result was amazing: the zucchini extremely sweet and the chicken tender. The above portions are ideal for dinner, being low in calories and containing light ingredients. Hope you will try it out and enjoy it!
And because Pica – the cat – is crazy about olives, she assist me during the entire process like this:
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook – here. 🙂