You remember Ratatouille, right? The funny rat hoping to become a cook, in a animation by Pixar released 10 years ago. If you don’t eat vegetables by nature, this is a meal that will make you change your mind. The taste of each legume used in the recipe it is somehow magnified by the way of cooking it. And beside this, it is so easy to make! The below version is a dietetic one, so we are not using oil.
What: For 2 portions you need:
- 1 onion
- 1/2 garlic
- 200g eggplant
- 200g zucchini
- 100g fat red pepper
- 100g green red pepper
- 200g tomatoes
- Basil or parsley
- 100g light salad cheese (white)
- First of all prepare the vegetables: cut the onion and garlic in small pieces (after peeling them) and the other vegetables in normal cubes.
- In a pot with lid put 50 ml water. When it starts boiling add the onion and garlic and keep them for a few minutes, until it looks made.
- Add the other vegetables and leave them to prepare in their own juice for around 15 minutes. It is important for the lid to be on the pot, in order to cook the vegetables in steam. Add salt depending on your own taste.
- After the 15 minutes add basil or parsley and leave it again for 2 minutes.
- While the food is resting hot in a plate, add the grated white cheese.